Technical Integration Specialist
Gateshead or Basingstoke
Purpose of the Job
As part of a drive towards customer excellence, the role of Technical Integration Specialist will be to provide expert technical support to the deployment, deployment and ongoing maintenance of new technical solutions, including:
- Lead system integration and system user on boarding process to ensure customs, supply chain and manufacturers needs are understood, scoped and delivered so that once live they are able to access the system and the necessary data transfer is complete.
- Provide technical expertise for the business Certify Application, to include fault resolution, troubleshooting and timely incident response in line with agreed customer deadlines and SLAs
- Assist remote support teams with basic configuration and troubleshooting along with local hands fault diagnosis and resolution.
- Working closely with both local and centralised business Support teams, this role will be pivotal in the timely delivery of technical integration and analytical support to the customer and end users ensuring project timescales and SLA/OLA meet contractual compliance at all times.
- The job holder will need to be customer focused, driven and be able to use a range of skills including high level troubleshooting skills, I.T. Infrastructure knowledge (network and platform) and experience supporting and integrating business critical production applications and system message flow (XML) in a challenging, fast moving environment.
- Knowledge and experience working within a PRINCE2 and ITIL process driven framework is also beneficial.
Key activities include;
- In the scope, configuration, integration and on boarding processes to ensure smooth project delivery and issue resolution.
- For support purposes respond within SLA to incidents and problems using the service management tool.
- Escalate issues accordingly to line manager, ensuring all impacted parties are kept informed of progress as appropriate.
- Contribute to Problem resolution through identification of recurring issues and liaising with local and central support teams where necessary.
- Responsible for all aspects of application administration and maintenance.
- Respond to security issues identified using the SIEM tool set and other monitoring and logging tools.
- Provide Application technical expertise for the implementation of changes to the existing infrastructure in a controlled manner, working to best practice methodologies to fulfil new or upgrade requirements of the Application Systems.
- Provide ad-hoc training and guidance to colleagues within the wider customer care team where appropriate.
- Clearly define defects identified within the production environment, with the ability to express these to 3rd line support (internal or external) to expedite issue resolution.
- Liaise with internal and external suppliers on the resolution of issues.
- Provide local eyes troubleshooting during Infrastructure fault diagnosis, liaising with remote third line or third party (vendor) support when required.
- Responsible for the documentation and deployment of system and application change requests in accordance with formalised change management procedures.
- Contribute to testing and support of proposed application changes throughout the change lifecycle.
- Responsible keeping existing documentation relevant and up to date and for producing formal documentation to accompany a piece of work.
- Travel to customer sites as required in support of deployment, integration and support of the solution as required, possibly at short notice.
- Delivering training as required.
- The above list is not exhaustive. You will be required to undertake other duties within your capabilities, consistent with this role, to support the needs of the business.
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent technical standard
- ITIL R3 Foundation and / or experience of working in an ITIL environment desirable
- A good analytical approach to problem solving
- Understanding of working in secure environments
- Have proven analytical and investigating skills in troubleshoot software, as well as possessing high attention to detail
- Experience in identifying underlying issues and trends in technical systems through appropriate interaction with end users
- Knowledge and skills in using the supported packaged applications, especially SQL scripts, stored procedures & XML messaging systems.
- Excellent knowledge of supporting a desktop environment
- Experience in ITIL, Incident, Problem and Change Management
- Have experience in 2nd line IT support and have ability to analyse a given problem, diagnose it, fix it and find its root cause
- Experience in supporting high availability environments, preferably in a Business to Business environment.
- Effectively determine impact and urgency for prioritising incidents
- Knowledge of SSL Certificates, network switching & tracing and virtual server platforms is highly desirable.
Bloc Digital Talent Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.