Software Developer // Basingstoke // £60,000
This excellent opportunity is with an extremely successful organisation with a heritage of over 200 years. My client operates in the Fin-Tech sector and works closely with large banks and Government organisations. As the Software Developer, your role will include providing mature agile development services for multiple customers and internal stakeholders across a range of key software products across the business.
My client is extremely passionate about collaborations, helping each other and sharing knowledge across the department, using wikis and team chat rooms to build knowledge. They love keeping up with the latest technologies and approaches and furthering themselves and their colleagues.
Your Key Responsiblities include:
- Designing and developing quality, simple software in accordance with SOLID, DRY and YAGNI principles
- Focusing on customer needs, driving incremental delivery of software that has the highest value in a timely manner within a sprint timeframe.
- Working closely across the multi-disciplinary team to ensure the team delivers its commitments
- Continuously driving improvement with yourself, the team and the department through ways of working with more agility and introducing new technologies
- Promoting knowledge sharing across the team and department, ensuring that the team works as closely and effectively as possible.
- Experience building Web applications using a modern framework such as Angular
- Strong understanding and commercial experience of developing full-stack web applications using .NET framework
- Previous responsibility for delivering software end-to-end as part of the whole lifecycle
- Commercial software development experience of working as part of an agile team
- Good technical skills with knowledge of solution design and application architecture
- Familiarity and usage of git source control within a team
- Experience building Web Services using Web API
- Commercial experience of developing software within a Continuous Deployment environment, with experience of using CI/CD tooling (e.g. Octopus)
- Solid database skills with a sound understanding of, and experience using Transact SQL.
Bloc Digital Talent Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.