We are currently recruiting for a Software Developer on a Permanent basis.
The Software Development function, provides mature agile development services for multiple customers and internal stakeholders, across a range of key software products across the business.
We work together and value people who are collaborative, helping each other and sharing knowledge across the department, using wikis and team chat rooms to build our knowledge. We drive change and innovate, we love keeping up with the latest technologies and approaches and furthering ourselves and our colleagues.
Key activities include:
- Design and develop quality, simple software in accordance with SOLID, DRY and YAGNI principles
- Focus on our customers' need, driving incremental delivery of software that has the highest value in a timely manner within our sprint timeframe.
- Work closely across the multi-disciplinary team to ensure the team delivers its commitments
- Continuously drive improvement with yourself, the team and the department through ways of working with more agility and introducing technologies
- Promote knowledge sharing across the team and department, ensuring that we work as closely and effectively as possible.
- To support the behaviour of working, sharing best practice and collaborating with colleagues outside of own sphere of business
- To always act and behave in a way compliant with all company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to values and behaviours, environmental health and safety, ethics and codes of conduct
- Experience building Web applications using a modern framework such as Angular
- Strong understanding and commercial experience of developing full-stack web applications using .NET framework
- Previous responsibility for delivering software end-to-end as part of the whole lifecycle
- Commercial software development experience of working as part of an agile team
- Good technical skills with knowledge of solution design and application architecture
- Familiarity and usage of git source control within a team
- Experience building Web Services using Web API
- Commercial experience of developing software within a Continuous Deployment environment, with experience of using CI/CD tooling (e.g. Octopus)
- Solid database skills with a sound understanding of, and experience using Transact SQL
Bloc Digital Talent Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.