Senior Solutions Architect
Overview of team:
The Architecture team sits within the Information Technology Services (ITS) directorate. Its primary purpose is to define, govern and assure the implementation of SLC's Technical Architecture.
The team contributes directly to the delivery of SLCs Corporate Objectives by defining and governing a single Business led Enterprise Architecture Roadmap; and as curator of the Architecture Roadmap. It manages robust governance, processes and controls, and utilises flexible and responsive sourcing models as appropriate.
Being responsible for setting the company's strategic technical direction, the highly productive, skilled and engaged Architecture team operates on industry standards and best practices. Its aim being to deliver a modern, scalable, secure, resilient and safe multi-tiered architectural platform
- To support the Student Loans Company's vision and mission by:
- Defining the Architecture and design of applications in support of projects within a wider change programme
- Supporting the definition of application and technology roadmaps
- Assisting in the definition of the company's technical vision and strategy, driving its adoption throughout SLC
- To provide technical leadership to colleagues
- Responsible for architectural design and documentation within identified areas of a multi-tiered architectural platform
- To create and refine Architectures and designs for application solutions that address customer needs, which are consistent with the Company's vision and values, and are in line with SLC's Architectural principles
- To be an active member of technical forums and design clinics, working collaboratively to optimise your own and other's designs
- To contribute to the definition and maintenance of the SLC Enterprise Architecture ensuring it reflects the current and future application and technology state
- To assist with the planning, estimation and prioritisation of Architectural effort
- Participate in the development/review of Technical Architectural goals, principles, practices, and standards
- Strong generalist experience in a wide range of the following areas:
- Awareness of enterprise architecture frameworks
- Contributing to business cases to support future projects
- Working with software delivery partners in a multi-vendor environment, including pre-Contract engagement, preparation of invitations to tender and tender evaluation
- Agile and Waterfall project delivery methodologies
- Evolutionary architecture and emergent design
- Lean methods
Bloc Digital Talent Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.