Senior Software Engineer // Gloucester // Permanent
As the Senior Software engineer, you will work under minimal supervision and apply your knowledge of computer systems & software engineering best practice in the performance of your duties and will be responsible for ensuring software compliance standards are met by the application of appropriate processes, procedure, and tools throughout the software development lifecycle.
Do you have a proactive and innovative approach to developing technical solutions which could be applied to complex customer business/mission problems? If so, this role could be perfect for you!
You will be responsible for assisting with estimating/planning and will be managing your own workload effectively to ensure that project deadlines are met. This role also offers the opportunity for frequent interaction with the customer in a technical capacity.
The position requires solid software development knowledge and an understanding of the software development lifecycle. Training can be provided to support learning and career development and our senior staff will also be given the opportunity to mentor others in their field. Work location is based in the Gloucester/Cheltenham area
Your skills and experience:
- DV Clearance is a must
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages - Java or C++, C#.
- Strong OO design skills.
- Familiarity with the Agile development methodology.
- Experience of following procedures relating to software architecture and design, software integration and test, and requirements verification.
- Ability to create innovative software solutions using appropriate frameworks and patterns, with COTS, bespoke or cloud-based technologies.
- Solid understanding of TDD and experience in applying one of the TDD frameworks.
- Experience of software development in a Unix/Linux environment.
- A passion for developing high quality software solutions.
- Willingness to support/mentor junior team members.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High standard of ethics and personal accountability.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- Understanding of working in a DevOps environment.
- Experience of the Atlassian toolset.
Bloc Digital Talent Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.