Senior Project Manager
Gateshead or Basingstoke
- Takes the lead of larger projects or small programmes, leading a large project team and overall responsibility for projects/programmes >£3m with multiple internal and external work streams.
- Chairing project meetings and experienced in presenting to a varied stakeholder group.
- Will maintain PM standards at all times and hold the business and stakeholders to account for delivery of project objectives.
- Plan, define, verify and manage the scope, time line, budget, and quality of projects
- Be held accountable for timely communication of status or critical decisions needed from accountable executives - Proactively identify options/recommendations
- Direct and be accountable for engaging stakeholders through the process of delivering the project
- Identify, quantify, prioritise, and manage delivery risks; develop and manage project risk mitigation plans; invoke mitigation plans and escalate to project board for contingency plan execution as necessary
- Plan, direct and review all executive stakeholder and overall project communications; ensuring completion of appropriate documentation and distribute to appropriate parties
- Anticipate, plan and ensure project tasks are resourced appropriately
- Manage work package leads and/or project teams to achieve project goals and objectives
- Support the behaviour of working as One, sharing best practice and collaborating with colleagues outside of own sphere of business.
- Always act and behave in a way compliant with all company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to values and behaviours, environmental health and safety, ethics and codes of conduct, as it is through living our values that we strengthen the culture of our business, and demonstrate our understanding of our Code of Business Principles
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven and extensive demonstrable senior project management experience, ideally gained in strategic complex project delivery; and demonstrated outcome delivery across different types of high-risk, high-value projects
- Educated to at least degree level standard and a recognised Practitioner level PPM or Prince 2 qualification.
- Proven track-record of successful delivery of critical projects
- In depth knowledge and experience of all stages of the project
- Proven leadership experience in a matrix management environment
- Demonstrated ability to drive the planning, execution and delivery of complex projects than span several business areas
- Proven and relevant experience of budget management and resource allocation
- Ability to manage conflict internally and externally, making difficult decisions by pragmatically weighing the complexities involved against the need to act
- Significant experience in managing projects and in-depth knowledge of PM methods and experience of delivering the full project lifecycle.
- Advanced in Excel and MS Project.
- Well versed in risk and issue management, implementing tools and process to minimalize.
- Proven demonstrable management of projects with circa 25 resources both internal and external with multi-site and customer facing experience.
Bloc Digital Talent Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.