Senior Project Manager
- Takes the lead of larger projects or small programmes, leading a large project team and overall responsibility for projects/programmes >£3m with multiple internal and external work streams.
- Chairing project meetings and experienced in presenting to a varied stakeholder group.
- Will maintain PM standards at all times and hold the business and stakeholders to account for delivery of project objectives.
- Plan, define, verify and manage the scope, timeline, budget, and quality of projects.
- Be held accountable for timely communication of status or critical decisions needed from accountable executives - Proactively identify options/recommendations.
- Direct and be accountable for engaging stakeholders through the process of delivering the project.
- Identify, quantify, prioritise, and manage delivery risks; develop and manage project risk mitigation plans; invoke mitigation plans and escalate to project board for contingency plan execution as necessary.
- Plan, direct and review all executive stakeholder and overall project communications; ensuring completion of appropriate documentation and distribute to appropriate parties.
- Anticipate, plan and ensure project tasks are resourced appropriately.
- Manage work package leads and/or project teams to achieve project goals and objectives.
- Support the behaviour of working, sharing best practice and collaborating with colleagues outside of own sphere of business.
- Always act and behave in a way compliant with all company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to values and behaviours, environmental health and safety, ethics and codes of conduct, as it is through living our values that we strengthen the culture of our business, and demonstrate our understanding of our
- Code of Business Principles.
Required Skill Set;
- Ability to influence and motivate others, mobilise teams and lead through setting a strong example and being able to give clarity of direction and purpose.
- Hard-working, goal oriented and with a high level of energy and enthusiasm; able to operate efficiently, effectively and professionally within a fast paced, dynamic and results driven business environment.
- Excellent task management skills, ability to prioritise one's own workload, and the workload of others, based on tactical and strategic business priorities.
- Effective at determining a course of action, breaking it down into smaller steps and planning and resourcing accordingly. Able to manage within allocated budgets, and be able to plan and forecast based on business priorities.
- Exceptional interpersonal and stakeholder management skills and the ability to communicate with authority both verbally and in writing at all levels of the business and across different cultures; able to tailor communication appropriately to the requirement of diverse audiences.
- Experience working within a remote and matrix environment, coordinating resource effort across different time zones.
- Ability to anticipate risks and devise solutions in the moment.
- Strong stakeholder management skills; able to manage relationships taking into account commercial and practical considerations.
- Excellent conflict management and negotiation skills.
- Ability to understand the wider business context and demonstrate a commitment to supporting cross-organisational projects; able to balance the financial, quality, people and customer expectation and related risks.
- Ability to listen and understand information and to interpret stakeholder and customer needs.
- A flexible and adaptable attitude, willing to accept and drive change, and able to work comfortably with ambiguity, frequent change and unpredictability.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills with the ability to analyse complex situations; responsible and accountable for own decision making.
- Able to adopt a pragmatic approach to project management whilst maintaining standards and call on formal methodologies and tools as and when required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven and extensive demonstrable senior project management experience, ideally gained in strategic complex project delivery; and demonstrated outcome delivery across different types of high-risk, high-value projects.
- Educated to at least degree level standard and a recognised Practitioner level PPM qualification.
- Proven track-record of successful delivery of critical projects.
- In depth knowledge and experience of all stages of the project.
- Proven leadership experience in a matrix management environment.
- Demonstrated ability to drive the planning, execution and delivery of complex projects than span several business areas.
- Proven and relevant experience of budget management and resource allocation.
- Ability to manage conflict internally and externally, making difficult decisions by pragmatically weighing the complexities involved against the need to act.
- Educated to degree or Apprenticeship level 6 or equivalent ideally in a business related qualification.
- Significant experience in managing projects and in-depth knowledge of PM methods and experience of delivering the full project lifecycle.
- Advanced in Excel and MS Project.
- Well versed in risk and issue management, implementing tools and process to minimise.
- Proven demonstrable management of projects with circa 25 resources both internal and external with multi-site and customer facing experience.
- Experience working internationally.
Bloc Digital Talent Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.