Java Developer // Permanent // £60,000 // Hampshire
My client, a global organisation are currently recruiting for a Senior Java Developer to be based at their Head Office in Hampshire.
As the Software Developer, you will form part of a cross-functional agile product team. My client develops highly effective, yet simple web applications and are passionate about writing good quality, highly testable, user-driven software. My client's software uses modern technologies, consisting of Core Java, Spring, and Hibernate. BDD and TDD is adopted and you'll frequently see my members of the team pair programming. If this sounds up your street, then you will be in good company!
- Design and develop quality, simple software in accordance with SOLID, DRY and YAGNI principles.
- Focus on my client's customer's needs by driving delivery of software that has the highest value in a timely manner within the sprint time frame.
- Work closely across the multi-disciplinary team to ensure the team delivers its commitments.
- Continuously drive improvement not only with yourself, but also with the team and the wider department through ways of working with more agility and introducing technologies.
- Promote knowledge sharing across the team and department, ensuring that we work as closely and effectively as possible.
Your Skills & Experience;
- Experience building Web applications using Core Java, Spring and Hibernate.
- Strong understanding and commercial experience of developing full-stack web applications using Core Java.
- Previous responsibility for delivering software end-to-end as part of the whole lifecycle.
- Experience of working as part of an agile team.
- Technical skills with knowledge of solution design and application architecture.
- Familiarity of Git source control within a team.
- Experience building Web Services using Web API.
- Commercial experience of developing software within a Continuous Deployment environment, with experience of using CI/CD tooling (e.g. Octopus).
- Solid database skills with a sound understanding of, and experience using Transact SQL.
Bloc Digital Talent Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.