Senior Java Dev
As a Senior Java Developer a typical day might include the following:
- Java development using spring framework, primarily REST APIs or backend services.
- BPM development
- Cloud deployment - in particular AWS
- Work within an agile delivery team
- Supporting junior developers
- Work on something you have never done before
- Attend or speak at a Technical Conference
- You will be an expert in the following: - Java - REST - BPM - AWS - ActiveMQ - Spring - Docker. You will also be familiar with development tools such as the Atlassian Suite and have experience with at least one database.
- 5+ years in Java development
- Experience of development in: Java, REST, BPM, AWS, Messaging, Spring, Docker and at least one database.
- Fluent English and a high level of communication skills both technical and non-technical
- Experience mentoring junior developers.
- Solved a few technically challenging problems
- Experience of working in an agile/scrum development environment and be familiar with standard testing and release cycles.
You might also have:
- Currently valid UK Government Security Clearance
- At least 5 years development experience
- Alfresco Activiti or Apache Kafka experience would be an advantage
- Familiarity with working with cloud infrastructure
- Contributed to open source software
Bloc Digital Talent Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.