Senior Front End Dev
- As a Senior Front End Developer a typical day might include the following:
- Work as part of a multi-disciplined Agile/Scrum team to deliver user-centric digital services
- Being responsible for the design and development of new user-facing features
- Being responsible for application performance and scalability
- Being responsible for building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Work with user researchers, UX designers and Business analysts to ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Work with back-end developers test automation engineers to integrate front-end and back-end following best practises.
- Lead and mentor other front-end developers
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Attend or speak at a Meetup
- Dodge Nerf bullets
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Wide commercial experience in Angular.
- Understanding of NodeJS and its ecosystem.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Fluent English and a high level of communication skills.
- Experience of working in an agile/scrum development environment.
- Good knowledge of building responsive and accessible web pages
You might also have:
- Currently valid UK Government Security Clearance
- Experience of microservices orientated ecosystems
- Good communicator to both technical and non-technical
- Familiarity with working with cloud infrastructure
- Knowledge of Government Design Service standards for web design
Bloc Digital Talent Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.