Senior Data Warehouse Engineer
You will work with business consumers, data analysts, test engineers and project professionals to define and implement industrialised solutions onto the Teradata data warehouse platform which is central to the delivery of the societies data strategy. Your team will be responsible for ensuring that the solutions utilise industry best practise and leading edge tooling to ensure that solutions are delivered in a fast pace, are performant and scalable and that the data lake provides a key set of services to our end user community.
- Team Leadership - You will be accountable for setting up and leading a team of up to 6 data engineers. This will include workload management, setting objectives, performance management and ensuring that your team stay up to date with the latest developments in the big data technologies
- Supplier Management - You will work with the lake partner to ensure that industrialised solutions are delivered in line with Nationwide standards and patterns and that suppliers are demonstrating delivery of value add and applying industry learning with all deliverables
- Delivery - You will be accountable for supporting the execution of the main data and analytics strategy which focuses on migrating the societies legacy data stores onto the enterprise platform alongside new investment projects requiring use of the data services. This will largely involve ingesting, transforming and presenting data through a data marts semantic reporting layer and it will also involve supporting prototyping and exploratory analytics initiatives.
Skills and Experience
- You will have significant experience (3-5 years min) of delivering data solutions onto data warehouse platforms through a mix of commercial technologies in an agile environment
- Extensive in-depth experience of the Teradata data warehouse platform and associated technologies is a must-have and any experience of working with Teradata's unified data architecture and reference data models, particularly the FSLDM, is a bonus
- You will have a proven track record of leading teams of developers involving both permanent staff members and contract resources
- You will understand how to get the best from vendors and be able to build relationships with partners across our industry sector
Bloc Digital Talent Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.