Senior Data Scientist (Analytics) // Berlin // Permanent
Bloc is excited to be working with a growing e-Commerce organisation in Berlin, who are at the forefront of technology. They have over 35,000 products, making over 400,000 sales per year with millions of daily visits to their platform.
Due to their continued growth and success, they are now seeking an analytical Senior Data Scientist to join their dynamic team. You will join a growing, highly motivated team of Data Analysts, where you will work with statistical modelling and dealing with challenging problems. You will fill a key position in the business where you will help to revolutionise the process and user experience that is currently in place.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Rely on your extensive industry experience to steer your team toward the most impactful scientific work
- Perform prescriptive data analysis that drives business decisions
- Not only design, but also analyse hypothesis-based A/B experiments
- Establish and connect financial, product and operative KPIs to monitor and steer developments as well as assess impact on the entire value chain
- Design and monitor pricing, merchant and inventory models and create strategies for inventory management
- Create compelling stories for data-based insights
- Work cross-functionally to drive actionable data insights and solutions from large and rich datasets
- Provide analytical perspective to discussions and lead priorities within your team
- Translate business needs to technical requirements and experimental design
- A degree in Research, Economics or a similar area
- Experience in a Data Scientist position with a financial or E-Commerce company
- The curiosity and methodologies of a researcher with academic experience in a quantitative research field
- Deep experience with common analytical tools using R, or Python
- Direct, hands on experience with a range of statistical techniques such as time series analysis, bayesian statistics, and good old regressions, and the ability to identify the appropriate technique in different scenarios
- Critical thinking, problem solving, interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Experience in performance driven creative collaboration and setting technical workflows
- Communication and visualisation skills that enable you to present findings in a clear and unambiguous way
- Fluent English speaking skills and you are naturally a team player
- Both Visa and relocation assistance
- The opportunity to work on previously unsolved challenges and try new technologies
- A budget for educational material, conferences and growth
- Discounts on services such as gyms, public transport & leisure activities
- Team and company events such as Hackathons, international nights, Christmas parties, soccer, etc.
Bloc Digital Talent Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.