Senior Data Engineer - ETL
You will work with business consumers, data analysts, test engineers and project professionals to define and implement industrialised Informatica solutions onto the data warehouse platform which is central to the delivery of the societies data strategy. Your team will be responsible for ensuring that the solutions utilise industry best practise, that our people and suppliers are delivering to time and quality and that our technologies are being utilised in an optimal manner. Furthermore, you will play an active part in contributing to architectural and technology patterns, take the lead in continual improvement and help shape the roadmap for the product.
- Team Leadership - You will be accountable for setting up and leading a small team of up to 2 ETL engineers. This will include workload management, setting objectives, performance management and ensuring that your team stay up to date with the latest developments in the informatica and ETL technologies
- Supplier Management - You will work with the solutions factory partner to ensure that industrialised solutions are delivered in line with Nationwide standards and patterns and that suppliers are demonstrating delivery of value add and applying industry learning with all deliverables
- Delivery - You will be accountable for supporting the execution of the main data and analytics strategy which focuses on migrating the societies legacy data stores onto the enterprise platform alongside new investment projects requiring use of the data services. This will involve managing the loading and transformation of data through the data lake and on through the different layers of the enterprise data warehouse
Skills and Experience
- You will have significant experience of delivering data solutions onto data warehouse platforms through a mix of commercial technologies in an agile environment
- Extensive in-depth experience of the Informatica data integration product suite, specifically Big Data Management and wider experience in the data governance toolsets (MDM, IDQ, EDC, Axon and Business Glossary)
- Ideally with experience in Teradata and Hadoop technologies
- You will have a proven track record of leading teams of developers involving both permanent staff members and contract resources
- You will understand how to get the best from vendors and be able to build relationships with partners across our industry sector
Bloc Digital Talent Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.