Senior Business Intelligence Developer
- Lead on the development of complex systems and reports based on Tableau, Microsoft SQL Server and SharePoint.
- The post holder will act as a Senior BI Developer within the Business Intelligence Development Team to deliver well designed and high performance products. This includes responsibility for overall management, design, performance and delivery of database structures, stored procedures, functions etc.
- The post holder will work closely with the Business Intelligence Analysis Team to drive product development.
- Identify and prioritise solutions that improve the Business Intelligence service of the CSU.
- Responsibility for the design, implementation, testing, deployment and support of a range of BI
- Design, create, implement and update reference tables as and when required.
- Design and produce thorough and detailed test plans and scripts which are adopted prior to the release of new and / or updated software.
- Works alongside other developers and business intelligence analysts in carrying out testing
- Responsibility for troubleshooting SQL and BI tools, systems, and software.
- Proactive in suggesting improvements and amendments to existing database structures, queries
- etc. and responsibility for implementing any changes.
- Develop and implement complex ETL processes.
- Develop multidimensional cubes and tabular models.
- Develop complex online interactive reports using Microsoft SSRS, Tableau and PowerPivot technologies.
- Assist in the upgrades and enhancements of the data warehouse.
- Fully document all reports and systems developed.
- Ensure compliance with current Information Governance regulations, particularly in relation to the
- storage & processing of patient identifiable data
- Contribute to the maintenance & development of the BI system security model
Skills, Knowledge & Competencies
- In depth and thorough specialist knowledge of a full range of Business Intelligence technologies:
- Relational database management systems
- Data cubes and complex tabular based data/reporting models
- Online interactive reporting
- Data management techniques.
- Advanced keyboard skills and the ability to manipulate highly complex data accurately and at speed
- Microsoft Office 2007, 2010 to an advanced level.
Bloc Digital Talent Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.