- Managing the creation and delivery of project outputs within tolerance levels (time, cost and quality).
- Directing and motivating the Project Team.
- Day-to-day management of operational and tactical aspects of the project.
- Planning and monitoring the project, including the production of progress reports, board reports etc. against plan.
- Managing project-level issues and risks with appropriate management / mitigation plans as required.
- Eliminate ambiguity around project scope, schedule, cost, quality, resources and risk - both forecasting during up-front planning phases and then iterate throughout the remainder of the project.
- Responsibilities include:
- Lead project teams running multiple small projects or a large project taking full PM responsibility (<£1m) with internal and 3rd party supplier work streams.
- Chairing project meetings and maintaining PM standards at all times.
- Holding the business and stakeholders to account for delivery of project objectives.
- Plan, define, verify and manage the scope, timeline, budget, and quality of projects.
- Be held accountable for timely communication of status or critical decisions needed from accountable executives.
- Provide oversight throughout project lifecycle from initiation, through to closure.
- Be accountable for engaging stakeholders through the process of delivering projects.
- Identify, quantify, prioritize, and manage delivery risks; develop and manage project risk mitigation plans; invoke mitigation plans and escalate to strategic committee for significant contingency plan execution as necessary.
- Plan and direct all executive stakeholder & overall project communications; ensure completion of appropriate documentation and distribute to appropriate parties.
- Manage work package leads and/or project teams to achieve project goals and objectives.
- Define activities & dependencies, estimate work effort, develop & manage schedules and report on actual vs. planned work.
- Support the behaviour of working, sharing best practice and collaborating with colleagues outside of own sphere of business.
- Ensure full participation in the performance development review (PDR) process and maintain an up to date record of all training and development activities/programs.
- Always act and behave in a way compliant with all company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to values and behaviours, environmental health and safety, ethics and codes of conduct, as it is through living our values that we strengthen the culture of our business, and demonstrate our understanding of our Code of Business Principles.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven experience in a change discipline and in-depth knowledge of PM methods and Project Lifecycle.
- Educated to degree or Apprenticeship Level 6 or equivalent, ideally in a business related qualification.
- Formal Project Management Practitioner level Certification essential.
- Proven track-record of successful project delivery.
- Proficient in Excel and MS Project.
- Experienced in risk and issue management.
- Proven demonstrable management of projects with circa 10 resources covering internal and 3rd Party Suppliers.
Bloc Digital Talent Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.