Lead Software Engineer// DV CLEARANCE REQUIRED // Gloucestershire
My client, a global organisation have a great opportunity for a Lead Software Engineer. You will be primarily working with the Product Team that is responsible for a suite of Command and Control software applications. The software is operational within a broad range of architectures, by a number of customers, in countries throughout the world and is used for; military operations, homeland defence, crisis management and conflict resolution.
You will be;
- Responsible for complete work package or development activity.
- Assisting with Requirements Analysis and Definition.
- Understanding the scope of the customer requirements, and assist in identifying if software design meets or is exceeding the requirement.
- Identifying changes to requirements which may provide an opportunity for additional stretch proposals.
- Leading and assisting more junior members of the team to carry out software production activities as required.
- Reviewing and commenting constructively on other specialists' work; i.e. design, test and user documentation as well as code reviews.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring work packages are completed on schedule and within budget as well as the configuration management of software.
- Assisting with the set up/design of a project's software and hardware development environment.
- Assisting with integration and configuration management within a project;
- Taking charge in the maintenance of the project development environment.
- Providing technical assistance to Sales and Bid teams, particularly in supporting the preparation of bids, and assisting with customer demonstrations.
- Generating and collating realistic estimates for work package costs-to-complete and report these to the Project Manager.
- Assisting with planning and scheduling of engineering activities.
Clearance Required: DV
- Experience across diverse programming languages, such as: C/C++, Python, .net and assembler.
- Experience in design, development, test and integration of quality software
- Experience designing and developing innovative software solutions
- Keen to learn a broad range of technologies
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies, and use of Confluence, Jira and Wiki's.
- Windows and Linux operating systems (Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server/CentOS).
- Experience with open source products, e.g. Apache Foundation products.
Bloc Digital Talent Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.