IT Business Systems Analyst
Purpose of the Job
The role of the IT Business Systems Analyst is to define and document the functional, procedural, process and system requirements / specifications for internal or external customer specific projects. To work with the internal and external customers to identify and document detailed requirements for software development/ERP projects. To analyse, propose and document solutions for large complex business areas and prepare functional specifications. To provide support for existing business applications including ones developed in house and also any new business applications and ERPs.
Main Activities and Responsibilities;
- Work closely with the Projects function to understand customer specific project needs.
- Identify and document the functional, procedural, process and system requirements / specifications for Customer specific projects.
- Develop prototype/proof of concept solutions as may be required to validate customer requirements.
- Work closely with the Systems Architect or other relevant parties to validate requirements and technical specifications.
- Design, manage and/or undertake the development of minor work packages in conjunction with internal teams or the chosen outsourced software development partner as appropriate.
- Conduct and support super user/train-the-trainer training activities.
- Business as usual support of existing and new business solutions as and when implemented.
- Assist with the specification of user test plans, collecting, understanding and transmitting the business requirements for the project and translating these into functional specifications and detail test plans.
- Document workflows and results of business analysis and obtain sign off from customers on specifications.
- Provide the link between the customer, development team and any third party regarding software functionality, throughout the development lifecycle.
- Assist with design and execution of test scenarios and test scripts.
- Day to day management of change requests in relation to the project plans to ensure agreed deadlines are met.
- Reports to be produced for the project manager showing progress against outstanding milestones, status, resource requirements, issues, risks and dependencies.
- Deliver engaging, informative, well-organised presentations where appropriate.
- Quality assure the deliverables received from suppliers, outsourced development partners and/or other internal teams and ensure they meet specifications
- On-call availability as required
- To ensure full participation in the performance development review (PDR) process and maintain an up to date record of all training and development activities/programs.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience with software development methodologies and practices an advantage.
- Previous hands on business applications support experience is required.
- Previous hands on software development and/or development of application interface experience an advantage.
- Demonstrable business systems / ERP experience including proficiency in SQL languages.
- Experience in the management of business systems, track and trace solutions, authentication and security an advantage.
- Extensive experience of defining software requirements and specifications.
- Able to produce clear documentation and communication of solution objectives, requirements and designs to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience of both internal and external customer interaction with specific reference to gathering, documenting and understanding customer requirements.
- Demonstrable evidence of analysing and documenting complex business processes.
- End to end experience of the project lifecycle is desirable.
- Proven track record in successful and timely delivery of all project related work.
- A detailed understanding of business process analysis.
- Proven experience interacting directly with end users.
- Results orientated with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel within UK and Rest of World for short-term meetings with customers.
Bloc Digital Talent Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.