You will be working in a fast paced moving IT project environment and will be exercising skills to design, develop, configure, install and support solutions across infrastructure. This will include virtualisation, large scale environment builds and replication.
Technical and Organisational Responsibilities.
- Manage a complete work package or development activity.
- Assist with Requirements Analysis and Definition;
- Understand the scope of the customer requirements, and assist in identifying if infrastructure design meets or is exceeding the requirement which may encompass software, hardware including networks and facilities;
- Identify changes to requirements which may provide an opportunity for additional stretch proposals;
- Take full responsibility for the production of Operational Concept Descriptions, Infrastructure Design Descriptions, Test Descriptions and Infrastructure User and Maintenance Manuals.
- Oversee and assist more junior members of our team to carry out Infrastructure production activities as required.
- Review and comment constructively on other specialist's work; i.e. design, test and user documentation.
- Ensure work packages are completed on schedule and within budget;
- Assist with the set up/design/maintenance of a project's infrastructure development environment.
- Support the infrastructure integration and configuration management within a project.
- Build up technical knowledge of company's existing products and any new product and project developments.
- Carry out all above tasks in accordance with Northrop Grumman's Quality System and published Infrastructure Production processes.
- Support technical sections of bids, proposals and studies.
- Provide technical assistance to Sales and Capture, particularly in supporting the preparation of bids, and assisting with customer demonstrations;
- Support and run the installation and support of fielded systems;
- Generate and collate realistic estimates for work package costs-to-complete and report these to the Project Manager or Lead Engineer;
- Assist with planning and scheduling of engineering activities;
- Assist with estimating of engineering work packages and other activities;
- Handle the Supervision, Training and development of other employees as required. May be requested to act as a mentor to more junior employees.
- Experience with a different skill sets, such as: Windows Server Domain, Exchange, Sharepoint, Splunk, IDS, IPS, Cisco Routing, PFSense Firewalls and/or Multi-Site VPNs.
- Able to work in a fast moving IT project environment and exercise skills to design, develop, configure, install and support infrastructures solutions, including virtualisation, large scale environment build and replication
- Delivery of a ~200 node corporate network, Windows Server domain, Exchange, Sharepoint, Splunk, IDS, IPS, Cisco routing, PFSense firewalls, Multi-site VPN
Bloc Digital Talent Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.