Head of Software Architecture // Generous Salary + Car Allowance // Basingstoke, Gateshead or Newcastle
My client are currently hiring for a Head of Software Architecture to form part of the senior team to lead and drive the Company's software architecture strategy in order to support its long term goals and objectives.
Through your leadership, you will deliver best practice, produce high quality architecture deliverables and provide world class enterprise and application architecture including Bid Solutions from a common platform.
You will be work across a number of platforms, legacy systems and products for which the technical roadmap, architecture design and direction needs focus, and the code is a complex mix of C#, C++ / .NET.
- You will lead the software development activity in the visioning, architecture definition and production of new software platforms and products for the Company's next generation products and systems. To support the upgrading and integration of legacy products where appropriate into the company's long-term development programme
- Reviewing and assessing my clients current software development programme and overriding architecture with regard to market requirements and board strategy
- You will recommend and implement refinements, rationalisation recruitment and restructuring of the team in the light of agreed project commitments and new or proposed pathways
- Providing inspirational leadership, technical capability and catalysis for innovation and change that will strengthen and extend the Company's market reputation and standing
- Maintaining an awareness of technical developments in the field and to encourage continued professional development of team members in order to continuously upgrade capability
- To provide a visible and respected technical resource at board level with regard to policy, security of intellectual property and customer security issues
- Lead software product architecture design and development in an agile development environment
- Provide architectural assurance services to CTO and the wider business
You will be;
- A high calibre and experienced individual
- Educated to degree level in computer science (or equivalent degree or industry experience). You will need a significant track record which has been built in complex manufacturing environments and demonstrates significant success in software development with a strong focus on architecture encompassing the modification of technical architectures and their associated strategies.
- Experienced in large scale systems expertise and systems integration
- Architecture focussed plus strategy development
- Proven record of innovation and technical leadership
- Evidence of drive, project completion, product introduction
- Of prime importance will be your ability to vision the future and define and deliver the roadmap that will provide a solid platform to support planned business growth.
- You will have worked with multi-tiered enterprise architectures, portals, application servers, messaging and database technologies and have a strong understanding of software security principles.
- Software product architecture development experience
- Commercially aware, has a track record of supporting strategy through solution architecture management
- Ability to travel internationally
Bloc Digital Talent Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.