Head of Architecture
Requires the skills of a multi domain architect with experience of coaching/leading domain architects to a co-ordinated delivery. Senior level engagement skills, Business acumen, conceptual understanding of all sub domains and a degree of resource management skills.
Skills and experience
- Have demonstrable experience of building and leading a community of practice for architecture to support programme delivery in a multi-vendor landscape
- Have demonstrable experience of leading multi-discipline, multi-specialist architectural teams, including different frameworks, TOGAF and MODAF
- Have demonstrable experience of guiding an architecture service to develop application architectures, integration architectures, data architectures, security architecture and models, and associated policies, practices and roadmaps consistent with best practice
- Have demonstrable experience managing a complex stakeholder environment, including senior stakeholder management and ensuring proper governance.
- Have demonstrable experience of guiding and influencing Programme architecture with capability of taking ownership and decision making.
- Have demonstrable experience of implementations using Java, Microservices, CQRS, Event Sourcing and 3rd party interfaces/integrations.
- Have demonstrable experience of Open Source tools and technologies, i.e. Wildfly, Artemis.
- Have demonstrable experience in other disciplines, focusing on software development, e.g. CICD, DevOps, etc.
- Have demonstrable experience of enforcing best practice design processes, including DDD, within an architectural lead role.
- Have a strong security understanding and secure Government environments.
- Have demonstrable experience of owning architectural design artefacts, improvements and successfully presenting these through senior management meetings and governance boards.
- Have demonstrable experience of leading, contributing to and implementing architectural standards.
- Have demonstrable experience of providing leadership for an architecture service.
- Have demonstrable experience of working architecturally on a public cloud, especially Azure.
- Have experience of leading an architecture service embedded within largescale Agile development/delivery teams, including Business Product Owners, Business Analysts, Business Architects, Full Stack Developers and Quality Assurance/Testing Leads
- Have knowledge of working within GDS standards in an architecture service.
Bloc Digital Talent Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.