Digital Developer Senior
The client needs a back-end developer to work with the existing team of Zend devs to update and maintain existing functionality and produce new features to ensure that the the business critical application (Sirius - a custom-built, open source case management system hosted on AWS) is iterated and improved via user first principles.
- Building browser-based products to serve a variety of user needs;
- Implementing toolkits & REST APIs for internal and external use.
- Maintaining and iterating a robust automated test suite to support a Continuous Deployment environment.
- Being involved in the wider web development community, identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing our experiences.
- Sharing knowledge of tools and techniques with the wider team, both developers and non-developers.
- Take responsibility for ensuring code quality on projects you work on.
- Set an example of and encourage positive and constructive communication both within the team and when communicating with other teams.
- Have a broad knowledge of the core technologies involved in building web applications and strong experience of assessing and selecting tools or approaches.
- Identify the main issues in complex problems, clarify understanding or stakeholder expectations, to seek best option.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 5+ Years acting as a senior developer in a strong Object Orientated PHP environment.
- Experience building server-side web applications and detailed knowledge of PHP.
- Experience with Zend 2
- Experience with PHPUnit tests and mocking objects
- Experience with Docker
- Experience of Doctrine 2 and Doctrine migrations.
- Knowledge of relational databases systems (particularly PostgreSQL)
- Outstanding ability to develop efficient, highly optimised and clear code.
- Understanding of and experience with a range of approaches to testing application code and systems for behaviour and performance.
- Working within an agile environment.
- Experience working on technical projects within a team.
- Working knowledge of unix-like operating systems such as Linux and/or Mac OS X
- Knowledge of the Git version control system
- Ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques
- Experience of Continuous integration (preferably with Jenkins)
Bloc Digital Talent Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.