DevOps Engineer (Digital Security Engineer)
Helping build one of the most forward thinking devops functions.
Looking for a Security Engineer to join the growing security capability the digital team. You will design, implement and operate the security of the CI/CD pipelines, working with feature team engineers, DevOps engineers and Cloud engineers to achieve safe every time releases. My client are in the early stages of the transformation, and the team will have to deliver products at the same time as actively supporting the transformation.
Key to the divisions capabilities is the security of the products and processes. The security engineers will be responsible for delivering the tooling to enable this.
Tasks & Responsibilities
1. Deliver monitoring and alerting capability for the team, in line with enterprise-wide compliance, and improving safety, security and performance
2. Define the toolkit most appropriate to continuously deliver the best secure solutions to users of the technology within the organisation and customers
3. Implement the toolkit into automated pipeline, ensuring their smooth operation, and driving a self-serve attitude by upskilling users within the organisation to consume the tools effectively
4. Drive automation across nearly 100% of tools and technologies
5. Develop an end-to-end secure development process advising teams on how to improve and implement security form design and build through to deploy and run
6. Establish the technological foundation within the team to effectively consume DevSecOps tooling and define future needs
7. Champion security best practice both within the team and the wider digital organisation
8. Champion Agile best practice within Nationwide
9. Resolve pain points and fix issues in the security of the CI/CD pipeline, brainstorm and develop solutions
10. Influence key stakeholders across the broader organisation highlighting the value and business benefits of Security within DevOps
1) 3+ years of experience working in a team of DevOps, Full-stack &/or Cloud engineers on multi-team projects.
2) 3+ years of technical DevSecOps experience in a commercial environment.
3) Good understanding of software tools, including: DevOps and Cloud tools including AWS and Azure. Container tools such as Kubernetes and Docker, Automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef , Working on Linux distributions such as CoreOS, Debian, RedHat; as well as Windows,Coding languages and environments e.g. C#, Java, GoLang, JSScripting e.g. BASH, Python
Bloc Digital Talent Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.