Devops Engineer // Basingstoke // Permanent
This excellent opportunity is with an extremely successful organisation with a heritage of over 200 years. My client operates in the Fin-Tech sector and works closely with large banks and Government organisations. If you are looking for a new challenge within an organisation where results really do make a difference to people across the globe, this could be the opportunity you're waiting for.
My client based in Basingstoke are currently hiring for a Devops Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis. As the Devops Engineer, you will join my clients Software, Development & Architecture team providing mature Agile development services for multiple stakeholders, supporting a range of key software products across the business.
As a DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring that the cogs continue to turn on the continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) systems, across all product development teams. In addition to this, you will be responsible for ensuring that my clients CI/CD process is transferrable out of the business in support of OnPremise software installations. As part of the wider software operations function you will also assist in managing the engagement of the software division (SD&A) with the wider ecosystem across the company.
As the Devops Engineer, you will be responsible for the delivery, development, administration, monitoring, and metrics in these areas;
- The provision of Development Computing facilities and service to internal customers of the Innovation & Technology (I&T) function.
- Enable agility through development, provision and support of platforms and solutions that support R&D and innovation within I&T function.
- Support CTO software development services including continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) systems.
- Supporting CTO areas with technical expertise at a script / code level, enabling rapid delivery of prototype and early solutions.
- Support the engagement of the function through defined tools and processes.
- Provide implementation services to take CD developed process to external customer sites, often where systems are deployed OnPremise.
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining development Computing capability VMWare/VSphere. This facility is designed to support I&T user areas in software development, scientific, design and engineering functions. This requires you to take responsibility for general design, health, and administration of the facility including:
- Administration of development computing services
- DC performance analysis, leading potentially to further enhancement designs, procurement androllout
- Template VM design and construction to support stakeholders
- Maintain, support and enable I&T areas to exploit Development Computing facilities which provide hosting of I&T customer platforms and implementations, and partner shared continuous integration servers. You will provide the technical knowledge required to assist in the deployment and health check of the Software Development and Architecture's (SD&A) product suite and the wider technical I&T function if required. Development Computing facilities encapsulate a virtual server farm hosted locally and the provision and management of Azure cloud based services
- Take ownership of the suite of virtual servers that form the SD&A product's Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) system, taking the responsibility, at a minimum, for:
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified ideally to degree level in software engineering or computer science, or have equivalent experience.
- Experience working on a cloud / hybrid platform (preferably Azure) and have been part of Cloud based projects including; Cloud security, Cloud Architecture, and/or Cloud networking Experience in the management of HPC clusters preferably with experience in VMWare technology and management via VSphere Server Virtualisation.
- Experience with Virtualisation Technologies (VMware , Hyper-V).
- Experience with any configuration management tools.
- Experience with Networking Protocols.
- Experience with any build and provisioning tools.
- Experience with monitoring systems.
- Knowledge of continuous integration CI/CD process pipelines. Specific knowledge of Octopus and Selenium would be an advantage.
- A firm understanding of Agile principles is essential
- Solid troubleshooting skills.
A working knowledge of some or all of the following; SQL Server administration, T-SQL, SSRS, Powershell, DSC, Networking, Web server administration, Active Directory, Group Policy, PKI, Windows Server 2016, Windows 10, SQL Server 2016, Internet Information Systems (Version for Windows 2016) (IIS), Network Load Balancing (NLB), Windows Failover Cluster, Domain Name System (DNS).
Bloc Digital Talent Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.