The requirement is to extend an existing CentOS server hardening script, written in Ansible, to apply Centre for Information Security (CIS) Level 1 server hardening to diverse target CentOS instances. Active Directory integration into new environments.
Extend an existing Ansible playbook to apply changes to new/existing servers, to bring into line with Level 1 server hardening requirements defined by the Centre for Information Security.
As the target instances perform diverse functions, including Hadoop cluster nodes, the hardening implementation will need to be tailored to suit the role of the target instance. The hardening playbook should contain logic to determine role given server is performing, &to apply appropriate hardening measures. The playbook will be used for the secondary purpose of verification, &reporting on server security hardening, for auditing & compliance. Implemented with clear output on the steps being performed.
Skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience of working as a technical SME within a project environment, using Agile methodologies.
- Expertise in the following technologies: Ansible, Docker
- Expertise in Linux system administration, especially CentOS and Red Hat
- Expertise in security of UNIX systems, especially CentOS and Red Hat
- Experience of administering network security including configuring firewalls, Kerberos, LDAP and SSSD
- Experience of administering containerised applications using Docker
- Experience of version control using Git
Bloc Digital Talent Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.