Desktop Support Analyst
Purpose of the Job
We are currently recruiting for x 2 Desktop Support Analyst's to be based in Basingstoke on a fixed term contract for 6 months.
The IT Support Analyst's role is to provide end user clients with support and maintenance. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all PC Software, PC Operating Systems, PC Hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user assistance where required. This individual will work within the Service Delivery team and will participate in the client call process. When conditions warrant this role will take immediate action to assist in answering client calls, visits and email and will attempt a 1st line fix.
Main Activities and Responsibilities;
- Record, log and track all incidents, problems and requests from end users via telephone, e-mail, in person or that are automatically logged into the call logging system in a timely manner.
- Perform 1st line diagnostics and record, track and document the Service Desk problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Prioritise and schedule actions to solve incidents, problems or requests to ensure delivery against service levels. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician, Lead or IS Management as per the Escalation process.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of hardware and equipment contracts and if necessary, liaise with third-party support and equipment vendors.
- Perform Active Directory (AD) Account administration tasks in respect of adding new end users, transfers of existing end users and deleting of end users as they are submitted by line managers and in line with the Starters, Leavers and Transfers processes.
- Administer telecommunications infrastructure and its associated software, including PBXs, call management systems, voice mail, interactive voice response and video conferencing systems.
- Maintain current Service Delivery Processes, Work Instructions and Knowledge Database as required.
- Establish Service Delivery supportability prior to new IT solutions, services or applications being implemented and provide input as required to IT Project Team.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot end user client hardware, software and peripherals.
- Perform analysis, diagnosis and resolution at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups and configuring systems and applications.
- Assess the need for and recommend, schedule and implement performance upgrades to PCs and associated equipment.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases and frequently asked questions resources to aid in problem resolution.
- Aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, maintain current knowledge of plan executables and respond to crises in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Construct, install and test customised configurations based on various platforms and operating systems.
- To always act and behave in a way compliant with all company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to values and behaviours, environmental health and safety, ethics and codes of conduct.
- To support the behaviour of working as One, sharing best practice and collaborating with colleagues outside of own sphere of business.
- To ensure full participation in the performance development review (PDR) process and maintain an up to date record of all training and development activities/programs.
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Certifications in MS Operating Systems, A+ Certification, and MS Office application.
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC hardware, software and their components.
- Hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting experience.
- Excellent technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
Bloc Digital Talent Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.