Bloc have recently partnered with one of Europe's leading online retailers based in Madrid who operate worldwide and achieved an extraordinary revenue in 2018. Further to this success, my client is looking to grow their teams this year with one of their key hires being a Data Engineer.
As the Data Engineer, you will have the opportunity to be working in the construction of a leading Big Data product that will be at the core of my client's success. With the product that you will be working on being so pivotal within the business, this is a very exciting opportunity for you as you will have the chance to directly impact my client's achievements.
My client works in an Agile Environment. You will join a team that are building a Data Lake from scratch and you will develop the integration of different data sources across the whole ecosystem of Big Data Technologies.
You will be responsible for;
- The software Development of my clients Data Lake within an Agile team consisting of Data Engineers, Data Architects & Data Scientists
- The Development of code as well as scripts & Data pipelines for both structured & unstructured data integration from a number of sources to the Data Lake
- Collaboration with other areas of the business to build efficient and scalable data solutions
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field
- You are great in Apache Spark using Scala
- You consider yourself strong with Software Development
- Data Engineering knowledge and an understanding of DWH/ETL best practices - bonus points received if you have experience building a Data Lake!
- You are familiar with AWS Data Technologies such as EMR, Kinesis, S3, Aurora, Glue, Lamdba & Athena
- You are a fluent English speaker
What you will get in return;
- Flexible working hours
- Free Drinks & Fresh Fruits
- Generous staff discount
- Medical Insurance
Bloc Digital Talent Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.