This is your opportunity to work with a high growth, innovative and forward-thinking business - who have people and the environment at the heart of everything that they do.
As a Data specialist in the R&D team, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the brightest people from across the globe and become an active and valued member of their technical communities. You will be making a real contribution to the development of websites and app software to improve the experience for millions of customers and the way they travel.
You will be the one who makes a difference if….
- You can build data platforms that can run big data workloads at scale, and that can also collect and combine data from various sources.
- You have the ability to integrate Full web tracking data with master data to understand user and customer behaviour. This will then enable you to manage our customer journey.
- You are able to establish a Data Catalogue.
- You enhance the Tool-Layer on existing Messaging and Ingesting Services
You will need this….
- Solid experience as a Data Engineer or Backend Developer (5yrs +)
- Expertise in at least one programming language (such as Java or Scala)
- Strong SQL and data management knowledge
- Be an expert with big data technologies (Spark, Redshift, Hadoop)
- Have practical experience with Amazon Web Services
It would be great if you had this too though…
- Knowledge and experience in the design and implementation of complex data pipelines (AWS Data Pipeline, Luigi, Airflow)
- Python data science stack knowledge (Scikit-learn, Numpy, Pandas, Keras, etc)
- Machine Learning (ML) familiarity
- Experience with Docker
What it's like to work with our client…
- You like to innovate and create ways to change the way we live our lives? You will fit in great!
- You can be trusted to get the work done - you won't be micromanaged!
- You work well in international teams where people are all treated with equal respect - regardless of seniority.
- You get to work in a great, vibrant and fun environment with a relaxed dress code and free drinks!
If you are keen to learn more about this exciting opportunity, apply to this ad now! Alternatively please contact Richard Pile at Bloc Digital on or call +44 (0) 1202 203 335.
Bloc Digital Talent Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.