Computer Systems Analyst
Specific Job Description
This position reporting into the UK Application Development Manager, will be responsible for the implementation and stabilisation of enterprise document management systems including, but not limited to; Microsoft SharePoint 2013, Livelink and PTC Windchill.
Key skills and responsibilities
- Provide production support, monitoring the system to identify and rectify any issues which may cause interruption to production and would be detrimental to the customer SLA.
- Provide regular system maintenance to production and test instances to maintain smooth running of the platforms, including backend set up and support to the application(s).
- Provide maintenance support for patch testing and implementation to ensure continuous improvement of application performance and stability.
- Liaison with the infrastructure team on new server builds to support test application builds, data loading and application clones.
- Liaison with the infrastructure team on monthly Microsoft patching and provide basic test script runs to check stability of the application after maintenance work.
- Liaison with the other IT specialists to understand the integration and feeds that populate Application Need to Know access and permissions.
- Provide requested files for configuration changes, load and determine any business issues associated with these changes.
- Work with the team in planning and execution of full system upgrades, responsible for the creation of the test environments, selective data loading, snapshot backups, monitoring, tuning and problem resolution. Sign-off of the system(s) at operational readiness review.
- Work with all organisations involved to ascertain system requirements such as program functions, output requirements, input data acquisition, and system techniques and controls.
- Support to out of hours regular weekly maintenance slots for patching, configuration implementation and restarts.
- Availability to support as required for non-working maintenance slots when Microsoft patching or Oracle pathing takes place.
- Scanning support to the UK Data Support Centre and functional areas - Understanding of imaging and knowledge to support automation for the business.
- Provide Disaster recovery planning, execution and documented instructions on application recovery for failover, Clean build in situ or new site. Provide documentation relating to all the operational support of applications.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Experience of installation, upgrade and re-hosting of application platforms.
- A working knowledge of Citrix.
- High level of database administration knowledge - SQL and Oracle.
- Extensive experience in Windchill major upgrades to include complex version upgrade, problem determination and resolution, liaison with application provider and ability to raise supplier calls to resolve any issues.
- An experience in application maintenance and health checks.
- Configuration of Windchill Directory Server and managing the data in the directory.
- Installation and use of the Windchill Rehost Utility R 2.0 to accomplish the activities in the rename, rehost, clone, and move scenarios.
- Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- Applications support and implementation of multiple PTC products such as; Creo, Desktop integration, Watermarking, PDM Link and CM.
Bloc Digital Talent Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.