Business Systems Analyst // Basingstoke // £50,000
Main Activities and Responsibilities;
- Working alongside the Project and Portfolio Management Team to understand customer specific project needs.
- Recognising and documenting the procedural, functional, process and system requirements / specifications for Customer specific projects.
- Crafting effective user storeys and illustrative user journeys to enable customers to validate the target state solutions.
- Developing prototype/proof of concept solutions as may be required to validate customer requirements.
- Working alongside the Systems Architect to validate requirements and technical specifications.
- Designing, manage as well as undertake the development of work packages in conjunction with internal teams or the chosen outsourced software development partner as appropriate.
- Conducting and support super user/train-the-trainer training activities.
- Business as usual support of existing and new business solutions as and when implemented.
- Contributing towards the specification of user test plans, collecting, understanding and transmitting the business requirements for the project and translating these into functional specifications and detail test plans.
- Documenting workflows and results of business analysis and obtain sign off from customers on specifications.
- Providing the link between the customer, development team and any third party regarding software functionality, throughout the development lifecycle.
- Assisting with design and execution of test scenarios and test scripts.
- Day to day management of change requests in relation to the project plans to ensure agreed deadlines are met.
- Reports to be produced for the project manager showing progress against outstanding milestones, status, resource requirements, issues, risks and dependencies.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc in Computer Science or related degree.
- Previous business applications support experience
- Extensive experience of defining software requirements and specifications.
- Demonstrable business systems / ERP experience including proficiency in SQL languages.
- BA ISEB Certification an advantage.
- Experience with software development methodologies and practices an advantage.
- Previous hands on software development and/or development of application interface experience an advantage.
- Experience in the management of business systems, track and trace solutions, authentication and security an advantage.
- Able to produce clear documentation and communication of solution objectives, requirements and designs to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience of both internal and external customer interaction with specific reference to gathering, documenting and understanding customer requirements.
- Demonstrable evidence of analysing and documenting complex business processes.
- End to end experience of the project lifecycle is desirable.
- Proven track record in successful and timely delivery of all project related work.
- A detailed understanding of business process analysis.
- Proven experience interacting directly with end users.
- Results orientated with good communication and interpersonal skills.
Bloc Digital Talent Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.