The Software Development and Architecture function provides mature agile development services for multiple customers and internal stakeholders across a range of key software products across the business. Currently recruiting for Applications Architect to be based in the site in Basingstoke or Gateshead on a Permanent basis.
The Applications Architect will be integral to our cross-functional, multi-discipline agile project team and develop software solutions for governments across the globe. We strive to design, develop and delivery highly effective applications and solutions using modern technologies and techniques supported by a passionate team of business analysts, developers and testers.
The Applications Architect will employ extensive experience working with relevant development technologies to design and deliver prototypes, applications and interfaces to business critical applications. Providing technical advice and guidance both internally and externally and lead cross-functional development efforts, driving quality practices into work products throughout the lifecycle of a project.
Qualifications and Experience
- IT Related Degree or equivalent
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good Technical skills with demonstrable experience of solution design and architecture
- Experience of best practice relating to development methodologies and application lifecycle management.
- Experience and awareness of software design patterns and their application to solving problems.
- Ability to adopt and implement new techniques and technologies.
- Experience of software development within an Agile environment
- Experience of designing and implementing systems/software solutions that operate in a critical production/manufacturing environment (desirable)
Bloc Digital Talent Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.