Application Support Analyst
Purpose of the Job
I am currently recruiting for an Application Support Analyst to be based in Gateshead on a fixed term basis until September 2019.
The role will be on a rotating basis of 6:00 - 2:00, 2:00 - 10:00, 8:00 - 4:00 Monday to Friday and working 1 weekend in 4.
The Application Support Analyst will be responsible for providing applications support to a number of business critical production applications (Bespoke, COTS and Machine specific) within a secure network with very high systems availability constraints. The scope of the role is varied and as well as being deeply technical, requires in depth knowledge of shop floor processes to be gained through exposure to the manufacturing elements for end product. The role also includes support at other sites as required, requiring flexibility and dedication to delivering high quality service, within tight SLA deadlines.
You will be required to respond within SLA to incidents and problems using the service management tool and escalate issues accordingly. Contributing to problem resolution through identification of recurring issues. Proactively monitor the system using a mixture of pre-written SQL queries and SCOM.
Qualifications and Experience
- The role would suit someone who has experience in 2nd Line or 3rd Line Support, we require some of the following skills;
- Have proven analytical and investigating skills in troubleshoot software, as well as possessing high attention to detail.
- Experience in identifying underlying issues and trends in technical systems through appropriate interaction with end users.
- Knowledge and skills in using the supported packaged applications, especially SQL T-SQL scripts and stored procedures & BizTalk Server Administration console - preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of supporting a desktop environment.
- Knowledge of Windows 2008 and Windows 2008R2.
- Experience in ITIL, Incident, Problem and Change Management.
- Have experience in 2nd / 3rd line IT support and have ability to analyse a given problem, diagnose it, fix it and find its root cause.
- Demonstrable experience in supporting technology enabled business processes in a time critical manufacturing environment.
- Experience in supporting high availability environments, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Effectively determine impact and urgency for prioritising incidents.
Bloc Digital Talent Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.